Sunday, February 28, 2010

what a game, eh?

Anna and I just got done watching the Gold-medal hockey game between Canada and the U.S. What a game, eh?

The only comparable experience that I can offer is watching a football, or soccer, game in a British pub. Possibly in a sense that was foreign to me, there was a sense of national pride and devotion attributed to a sporting event. We watched this Olympic game amongst our Canadian housemates. We, of course, were pulling for our home country (I wore my USA Olympic shirt) and had a ton of fun.

When the U.S. scored that tying goal with 30 seconds left, I just laughed in how awesome the game had turned out. 

More fun, however, was the inner turmoil our landlords had when their kids were demanding their attention as Canada was in overtime. We laughed at how in Canada, hockey just might prevail over parental duties...  joking of course.

While "we" lost the game, it certainly was an experience Anna and I won't forget soon. I just wish that the American team could have smiled as they received their medals.  Silver isn't that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment