Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Family Day!

This holiday has technically only been observed in Ontario since February of 2008. Arizona is the only U.S. state that observes it, but they've been doing it since 1978. How did I miss out on this my whole Illinois life? (Although, we had President's day, which is for all practical purposes the same thing.) Literally everything is closed today- schools and offices, and even grocery stores and gas stations. I, on the other hand, had my first (training, really) half-day of work and I drove past a park and frozen lake crawling with kids playing hockey. So that's where they all are!

Or, if you would like to spend Family Day doing something other than playing hockey, try the local family nudist resort. Yep, it's real. (Here's a question: why is a single female daily pass $10 less than a single male? Thoughts?)

1 comment:

  1. haha oh you totally know why! I'm betting the male to female ratio isn't exactly equal:)

    ReplyDelete