Monday, January 25, 2010

a new necessity

The last few days around here have been just mild enough to wipe out the last traces of snow, and trickle down rain here and there. Never mind that it's still January in Canada; Mother Nature behaves however she feels, apparently. But this is bad news for a couple of newbies with a dog that must be walked 3-4 times a day. My Uggs and Ugg wannabes just aren't cutting it. After 15 minutes outside, it's like walking with two soggy loaves of bread strapped to my feet. It's going to be quite a while before we have any disposable income, but when we finally do, one of my first frivolous purchases is definitely going to be a pair of Wellies. Something like this:
Cute AND practical! (Come on, the color is 'Aubergine.') Not to mention, they could very well come in handy even when I'm not sloshing around town with Toby. I may get the chance to get involved in a community garden this spring, which could be amazing. And my pride just won't allow me to wear Crocs, even though I know, I KNOW, they are great for gardening. If the community garden comes together and I sweat too much in the knee-high Wellies, we'll reconsider. Because my feet sweat a lot. I can admit it. But, one problem at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your croc comment...I just cant bring myself to wearing them. Ever.

    ReplyDelete